Engagement Ring Buying Guide
Our guide covers everything from choosing the perfect diamond to understanding different ring settings, so you can feel informed and empowered as you shop.
Choosing a Diamond
When it comes to choosing a diamond for an engagement ring, there are four things to consider:
- Carat: The weight of the diamond.
- Color: The less color, the higher the grade.
- Clarity: The less imperfections, the higher the grade.
- Cut: The shape and proportions of the diamond.
Learn more on our Diamond Quality Guide.
Understanding Ring Settings
The setting of the ring refers to how the diamond is secured in the band. There are several types of settings:
- Prong: The most common setting, where metal prongs hold the diamond in place.
- Bezel: The diamond is surrounded by a metal rim that holds it in place.
- Tension: The diamond is held in place by the tension of the metal band.
- Pavé: Small diamonds are set closely together to create a "paved" look.
Learn more from Engagement Ring Settings Compared
Now that you have a better understanding of diamonds and settings, you can confidently shop for the perfect engagement ring.
Call or visit the store and we would be glad to walk through the entire process.